When you are planning to be out of town or away from your home for a period of time for any reason, the Johnson City Police Department will periodically check your residence and notify you or your designee if any serious problems are discovered. Please read the following information and then click on the link below to fill out the form.
Johnson City Police Property Check Program
About the program:
- Property checks are offered to Village of Johnson City residents free of charge
- Property Check submissions must have an end date specified.
- Property Check submissions must be renewed every two weeks if you will be gone for an extended period of time.
- As call volume allows, JCPD Officers will perform a thorough inspection of your property while you are away.
- Property check includes:
- A perimeter check
- Physical and/or visual check of all doors and windows
- Verification of vehicles left on the property
- Verification of any people found on the property
- Should the need arise; we will have the information available to contact you or another responsible party.
- Only portions of the residential property with direct access will be checked by Officers
The Property Check service is NOT:
- For commercial property (commercial properties are checked as part of daily patrols, as time permits)
- A guarantee that the property is safe or that it will not be burglarized
- A guarantee that the property will be checked
- A substitute for an alarm system
- Property checks will not be done on properties in which someone is staying at the residence.
Click the link below to fill out the online form, and then
a) Save the form to your computer and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
b) Print the form and produce it in-person at the JCPD.